Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"3 Idiots" really


When I started writing blogs,the first promise I made to myself was I need to write atleast one blog per month but I am writing almost one per year(thank god I have not initially thought of writing one per year than I would have ended with only one blog in my whole life).
At last I am adding one more to my tally and this time it is different I am writing something on a movie(I don't want to call this as a movie review I want to express my opinion on the movie),and the name of the movie is 1 Intelligent Guy(3-Idiots).
I never thought of watching 3-Idiots movie because I was a big fan of 5 point someone and I was very sceptic like how these guys(Aamir 40+ and madhavan close to 40's) can justify a teenagers story.But I went to watch it on the first day.
My First Impression of the movie was awesome I really enjoyed each and every scene of the movie but once I reached home and started thinking of that movie(I usually have this habit)I felt is the title of the movie justified.

From the start of the movie I could see only 2 idiots in search of their friend(intelligent guy-none other than Aamir),the main theme of the movie was Aamir Khan and each and every character was revolving around him.This is what happens with any of the bollywood movie,but I was disappointed because the hero of the movie was AamirKhan(who has done "Rang De Basanthi") where each and every character has equal importance and even Siddharth's character dominating Aamir.
Like all Hirani's previous movies there was "ALL IS WELL" which was good.
I have no doubts in saying that the movie was an out and out entertainer but I was disappointed because in both the previous movies of MunnaBhai series the theme was central and the characters were revolving around it but in 3 idiots it was contrary where Aamir has become the central and the story was built around him.
Aamir has played his role to perfection(as always) and even others have done a great job but there little or no emphasis given to the theme(U need to enjoy what you are studying not merely doing it for the sake of degree or for a good job).And he was looking good in the movie expect in a couple of close shots where he was looking old.
Sharman Joshi has got a good role(where his role was almost the same from the novel which was not the case with Madhavan) and the interview scene was awesome.
Madhavan has played his role pretty well but unfortunately his role lacked the importance(when compared to the other 2 idiots)
Kareena had a very small role and she was good.
Chatur was the outstanding and all others played their parts well.And there was mm(millimeter) similar name like circuit in munnabhai,he was good.
Music was good(I never expected that Shantanu Moitra's style would suit for this kind of a movie but he has an outstanding job).
I was a bit disappointed with Raju Hirani(may be I was expecting a lot from him) on the whole the movie was good I feel it could have been better if they would have gone with the theme rather than doing it in a commercial way(After all the caption of the movie was :"Choose Excellence Success will follow")I think which they have not done.

3 comments:

  1. That was gud ra.....a pretty balanced review (ooppsss....an 'opinion' as u call it!!!)....Though i haven't seen the movie yet, i feel u have done gud work as far as ur writing skills are concerned...keep goin dude....keep blogging...atleast once in 2 months!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice blog... great things handled in a subtle manner... keep goin with ur tots... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude I like this one...you write what you feel n thats good!. Though you wanted to force yourself to write one blog each month couldnt do it because you are just thinking and forcing yourself to write one and...some part of your brain doesnt like this idea it wants you to write when you really get the feeling of writing one. And this movie has spurred that feeling in you to share some feelings of yours!

    Any way.. I have mixed feelings about this movie but I LOVED the book and did not like it to be changed by the director or whoever it is, may be this movie was tailored for Indian audience who always wanted heroic scenes in the movie with happy endings. I particularly did not like the scenes at the end while delivering the baby it was too heroic and unrealistic but the rest was good.

    Needless to mention about the action and the music in the movie, quite entertaining!

    Good post, keep writing will improve. And write when you feel to write and say something to the world not because you have to add some posts here or the clock says so.

    ReplyDelete